Elevit is a global prenatal supplement brand supported by 22 clinical studies worldwide*:
*Always read the label and follow the directions for use. Bayer ANZ only recommends use of Elevit Pre-conception and Pregnancy Multivitamin in accordance to the Australian approved product label.
- Czeizel A.E., et al. 1996. The Effect of Preconception Multivitamin Supplementation on Fertility, Internat. J. Vit. Nutr. Res. 66: 55-8.
- Czeizel A.E. 2004 Hungarian Cohort-Controlled Trial of Periconceptional Multivitamin Supplementation Shows a Reduction in Certain Congenital Abnormalities, Birth Defects Research (Part A) 70:853-61
- Pasman N.M., et al .2005. Elevit Pronatal in preconception and during pregnancy as a prophylaxis of gestational complications in women with hyperandrogenic conditions. Gynaecology. 01
- Khodova S.I., et al. 2006. Correction of vitamin, mineral and microelement deficiency during pregnancy. Influence of multivitamin Elevit Pronatel on trace elements level in blood of pregnant women with anemia, gestosis , and thyroid pathology. Consilium Medicum 6:20-23.
- Arzhanova O.N., et al. 2009. Hyperhomocysteinemia in women with recurrent miscarriage, Gynaecology. 5(11):53-55.
- Brämswig S., et al. 2009. Supplementation with a multivitamin containing 800 μm of folic acid shortens the time to reach the preventive red blood cell folate concentration in healthy women. Int J Vitamin Nutr Res. 79(2): 61-70. Study sponsored by Roche Consumer Health Ltd (later renamed Bayer Consumer Health Ltd).
- Ötzkaya, O., et al. 2010. Multivitamin and mineral supplementation modulates oxidative stress and antioxidant vitamin levels in serum and follicular fluid of women undergoing invitro fertilization. Fertil Steril. 94(6):2465-6.
- Mozgovaya E.V., et al. 2011. Clinical efficacy of multivitamin complex in prophylaxis of pregnancy complications. Obstetrics and gynaecology 4: 89-94.
- Ötzkaya, O., et al. 2011. Effects of multivitamin/mineral supplementation on trace element levels in serum and follicular fluid of women undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF), Biol Trace Elem Res. 94:2565-6.
- Sun, N., et al. 2013. Impact of multivitamin supplementation on trace element levels in .serum and follicular fluid of women undergoing in vitro fertilisation, Journal of Developmental Medicine (electr. Version), 1, 2
- Sun, Y., et al. 2013. Clinical analysis on the preventive effect of multivitamins on IVF-ET, fetal neural tube defect. Maternal and Child Health Care of China. 07-1199-03
- Paoletti A.M., et al. 2015. Observational study on the efficacy of the supplementation with a preparation with several minerals and vitamins in improving mood and behaviour of healthy puerperal women. Gynaecological Endocrinology. 29(8): 779–783.
- Lin, S., et al. 2016. A Retrospective Cohort Study Report on the Pregnancy Outcomes of Pregnant Women with supplementation of vitamin complex.
- Luddi A., et al. 2016. Antioxidants reduce oxidative stress in follicular fluid of aged women undergoing IVF. Reproductive Biology and Endocinology. 14:57.
- Schaefer E., et al. 2016. A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial in Women of Childbearing Age to Assess the Effect of Folic Acid and Methyl-Tetrahydrofolate on Erythrocyte Folate Levels. Vitamins & Minerals. 5:1. Authors currently are/have been full-time employees of Bayer Consumer Health.
- Pilz, S., et al. 2017. Effect of Two Different Multi-micronutrient Supplements on Vitamin D Status in Women of Childbearing Age: A Randomized Trial. Nutrients. 9, 30. Study sponsored by Merck Selbstmedikation GmbH.
- Yu, Q., et al. 2017. A randomized, controlled study to compare the time to reach serum folate threshold for prevention of NTDs between Vitamin Complex Tablets (containing 0.8 mg folic acid) and folic acid tablets (containing 0.4 mg folic acid) monotherapy.
- Obeid, R., et al. 2018. Response of red blood cell folate to supplementation in nonpregnant women is predictable: a proposal for personalized supplementation. Molecular Nutrition & Food Research. 62, 1700537.
- Lin et al. 2020. Retrospective cohort study of supplemental multivitamins during pregnancy and pregnancy outcome Chinese, Journal of Practical Gynaecology and Obstetrics. 36(2).
- Massari et al. 2020. Multiple micronutrients and docosahexaenoic acid supplementation during pregnancy: A randomized controlled study. Nutrients. 12(8):2432. Study sponsored by Bayer Consumer Care AG.
- Schaefer E., et al. 2020. Multiple micronutrients, lutein, and docosahexaenoic acid supplementation during lactation: A randomized controlled trial, Nutrients. 12, 3849. Sponsored by Bayer Consumer Care AG.
- Kuroda et al. 2021. Effects of periconceptional multivitamin supplementation on folate and homocysteine levels depending on genetic variants of methyltetrahydrofolate reductase in infertile Japanese women. Nutrients. 13.1381. Study financially supported by Bayer Healthcare Consumer Care.