Elevit Morning Sickness Relief has been specially formulated for pregnant women to help relieve the symptoms of morning sickness such as nausea and vomiting.
What is morning sickness?
Morning sickness is a common feeling of nausea in pregnancy that can result in vomiting. It’s most often experienced in the early stages of pregnancy. It is thought to be caused by changes in hormones. Contrary to its name, it can occur at any time of the day or night.
Up to 80%4 of women may experience morning sickness in the 1st trimester. 1 in 5 may continue to experience it into the 2nd trimester, and occasionally, some women continue to experience it into the 3rd trimester.
What causes morning sickness?
The cause of morning sickness isn’t entirely clear, but the hormonal changes in pregnancy are thought to play a role. Some causes may include:
- Increasing oestrogen levels and fluctuations in other hormones
- Altered metabolism of carbohydrates
- Interplay between physical and chemical changes that are triggered by pregnancy
Key ingredients in Elevit Morning Sickness Relief
Elevit Morning Sickness Relief has been specially formulated with ginger and vitamin B6. These ingredients have been shown in studies11,12 to help reduce the frequency and severity of morning sickness and help relieve symptoms such as nausea and vomiting.
Each Elevit Morning Sickness Relief tablet contains:
|Ginger (zingiber officinale) rhizome powder||600 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride)||37.5 mg|
Elevit Morning Sickness Relief is a unique 12 hour sustained release bi-layer tablet that helps provide relief from symptoms of morning sickness.
- Layer 1 provides a faster release of ginger and vitamin B6 to help provide relief from nausea and vomiting.
- Layer 2 provides a sustained release of ginger, which helps to provide ongoing relief.
Each tablet is also coated with a mild lemon flavour to help mask the taste of ginger.
Elevit Morning Sickness Relief is Halal certified.
Tips that may help reduce morning sickness
In addition to taking Elevit Morning Sickness Relief, you can also try to limit certain food and lifestyle factors that may affect the frequency and severity of morning sickness. You may like to try some of the following suggestions:
- Choose foods carefully, avoiding foods and smells that cause nausea
- Eat small amounts and snack often
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Pay attention to nausea triggers
- Get plenty of fresh air and rest
Why do women experiencing morning sickness choose Elevit Morning Sickness Relief?
- Elevit Morning Sickness Relief is from the makers of Elevit, Australia’s No.1 pregnancy multivitamin*.
- Elevit Morning Sickness Relief is suitable to use during pregnancy and in combination with Elevit.
- Elevit Morning Sickness Relief provides relief from symptoms of morning sickness such as nausea and vomiting.
Take 1 tablet in the morning. If required, take 1 tablet 12 hours later to help maintain relief, or take as professionally prescribed.
Elevit Morning Sickness Relief is available in a 30’s pack from your local pharmacy. If your local pharmacy is not stocking Elevit Morning Sickness Relief, ask the pharmacist for help or call 1800 008 757 to find out where it is available.
Visit our buy now page for a list of stockists.